PNG OGP National Steering Committee
The Open Government Forum is a group comprised of members from government and civil society that:
- Monitors and drive implementation of the PNG OGP National Action Plan
- Helps develop the next PNG OGP National Action Plan
- Raises awareness about OGP in PNG
The current members, are appointed for the duration of the 2nd National Action Plan.
- Department of National Planning and Monitoring – Government Co-Chair, Mr. Michael Kumung.
- Department of Justice and Attorney General – Mr. Stanley Raka.
- Auditor General’s Office – Mr. Albert Kimisi.
- Constitutional Law Reform Commission – Ms. Dorothy Kesenga.
- Department of Finance – Mr. Tom Tiki.
- Department of Information and Communication Technology – Mr. Flierl Shongol.
- PNG Civil and Identity Registry – Ms. Salome Bogosia.
- PNG EITI Secretariat – Mr. Lucal Alkan.
- Transparency International PNG – CSO Co-Chair, Ms. Arianne Kassman.
- Institute of National Affairs –Mr. Paul Barker.
- Consultative Implementation and Monitoring Council – Mr. Henry Yamo.
- Center for Environment Law and Community Rights – Mr. Peter Bosip.
Frequency of Meetings
The PNG OGP National Steering Committee meets 4 times a year at the Department of National Planning and Monitoring Conference Room.
The Cluster Committees are led by the Co-Chairs to implement the commitments. See more under the Cluster Commitments.
- Cluster Committees meet at least 4 times a year.
- Co-Chairs of the Cluster Committees provide updates of the commitment milestones during the National Steering Committee Meetings.
For more information on the Committees, refer to the Terms of Reference.